About this Project
This project was a complete interior demolition and rehabilitation of a historic occupied SRO (Single Room Occupancy) building that houses special needs clients. Full Construction Management services were provided by BBC. During the entire construction effort, one half of the building was occupied while the other half was renovated. This process minimized the relocation of SRO clients and minimized additional expense to the client. Throughout this effort full mechanical, electrical and communications services were available to the occupants.
- A new elevator was installed in the building where one had not existed before the project
- Full abatement of both lead and asbestos
- Complete rehabilitation of historical windows, doors and exterior masonry
- Installation of new energy efficient HVAC systems
- State of the art lockset entry system
- Budget met through aggressive value engineering